1 medium butternut, peeled & diced
2 onions, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
2 sweet potatoes, diced
4 potatoes, diced
1 broccoli head, broken into florets
6 - 8 baby marrow’s/zucchini, thickly sliced
1 small pack baby sweet corn, thickly sliced
1 tin butter beans (optional)
3- 4 red or green chillies (depending on how spicy you like it)
1 Tblsp chilli oil
2 Tblsp crushed garlic
2 curry leaves
1 Tblsp canola oil
1 Tblsp salt
2 cups water
1 – 2 Tblsp curry powder
½ tsp tumeric
1 - 2 Tblsp lemon juice
salt to sesaon
fresh coriander to garnish
basmati or jasmine rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the garlic, onions and chillies for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the butternut, potatoes, sweet potatoes, water and curry leaves. Ensure the vegetables and potatoes are submerged under water.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- As soon as the water starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If the curry is still very watery, mash some of the potatoes and stir.
- Stir fry the broccoli and baby marrow’s until slightly tender but still a little crunchy and add them to the curry.
- Add the butter beans and baby sweet corn to the curry and allow to heat through on a low heat.
Serve on a bed of basmati or jasmine rice and garnish with coriander.
Serves 4 - 6