1 garlic clove, finely chopped
3 - 4 leeks, rinsed & thinly sliced
225ml chicken stock or
200ml white wine
8 chicken breast fillets, sliced into strips
80ml fresh parsley, chopped
200g button mushrooms, sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & black pepper to season
Basmati rice to serve
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan and fry the garlic and leeks for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, wine and water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and half the parsley, mushrooms and cream.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is just done (becareful not to overcook the chicken as it will become dry).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and a little of the lemon juice.
- Serve on a bed of Basmati rice and salad and garnish the stroganoff with the left over parsley.