1 small onion, chopped
2 tblsp fresh parsley, chopped
300g butternut squash, peeled and diced
250g Basmatti rice
550ml hot vegetable stock or chicken stock
100ml white wine
salt & freshly ground black pepper.
fresh basil leaves to garnish
50g Parmesan cheese, shaved
- In a large saucepan gently fry the onions in a little olive oil until soft, not browned.
- Add the parsley, butternut squash and rice and stir for a few seconds to coat the grains with oil.
- Add half the stock and half the wine, bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally until almost all the stock has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining stock and wine a little at a time, simmering until each addition is absorbed, until the squash is soft and the rice al dente and creamy.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Dish up into 4 bowls and garnish with the basil leaves and shaved Parmesan cheese.