75g cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lime zest
1 ¾ cup self raising flour
1/2 cup strawberry puree
1/4 cup Bacardi Rum soaked strawberries finely diced
125g cream cheese
3 tbs strawberry puree
2 tbs Bacardi Rum
a few drops of strawberry or red food colouring
2 cups icing sugar
Sliced fresh strawberries to garnish
- Line a 12 capacity muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and lime zest together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beating well after each addition.
- Alternately fold in flour and strawberry puree in thirds starting and ending with flour.
- Make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Evenly divide batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 - 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before icing.
- Cream the butter, lime zest and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the strawberry puree and Bacardi.
- Gradually add 1 cup of icing sugar and beat to combine.
- Continue to add remainder of icing sugar and food colouring while beating on medium speed.
- Add more icing sugar if required to get icing to fluffy but stiff consistency.
- Ice the cupcakes only when cool.
- Garnish with strawberry slices.