150ml plain natural yoghurt
50g ground almonds
1 ½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp crushed bay leaves
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp garam masala
4 green cardamom pods
1 tsp ginger pulp
1 tsp garlic pulp
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 ¼ tsp salt
1kg skinless chicken breast fillets
1 tbsp oil
2 medium onions, sliced
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
4 tbsp cream
- Place the yoghurt, ground almonds, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt in a mixing bowl and blend together well.
- Place the chicken fillets into a large mixing bowl and pour the yoghurt mixture over and set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and butter together.
- Add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in about half of the coriander and mix well.
- Pour over the cream and stir in well and bring to the boil.
- Garnish the Indian butter chicken with the remaining chopped coriander.
- Serve with basmati rice or rotti’s or fresh Indian breads.