600g lean beef mince
onion finely, grated
1 egg, beaten
a dash of Worcestershire sauce
3ml mixed herbs
a sprinkle of peri-peri spice (optional)
salt & pepper
30ml olive oil
3 leeks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
1 can (410 g) chopped tomatoes
10ml Worcester sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
handful fresh basil
- Mix all together and shape into small balls and arrange them in a greased oven dish.
- Drizzle the meatballs with olive oil and bake at 200°C for about 10 -15 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a saucepan a and fry the garlic and leaks until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, chutney and Worcester sauce and season with salt and pepper, simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil on top and serve with spaghetti.