8 potatoes, washed
4 cups water
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
15ml potato spices
250g smooth cottage cheese
2 bunches of spinach, washed & shredded
250ml grated cheddar
olive oil to drizzle
30ml chopped fresh parsley
- Boil the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 – 20 minutes, until just cooked. (Do not overcook)
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the butter in a large frying pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Season with potato spice and stir in the cottage cheese.
- Add the shredded spinach and cook, stirring continuously, for 4-5 minutes at the most.
- Remove from the heat, stir in half of the cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Lightly grease a medium oven proof dish.
- Slice the cooked potatoes, arrange half the potato slices in the prepared dish, season with potato spice, top with the spinach mixture and arrange the rest of the potato slices on top of the spinach, drizzle with olive oil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheddar cheese and parsley and bake for a further 10-20 minutes until done.
- Serve as a side dish.