This free decadent Crème Caramel Recipe is so easy to make… Your guests and family will be impressed with your baking skills!
5ml vanilla essence
- In a small heavy based saucepan, place the 250ml sugar and allow it to melt over a high heat.
- Stir only when most of the granules have dissolved.
- As soon as the sugar reaches a caramel colour, divide the caramel between 4 ramekins, swirling them around to cover the bottom and side.
- Heat the milk until steaming.
- Fill a deep baking tray halfway with water and place it in the oven at 150°C .
- In another bowl whisk the eggs, 45ml sugar and vanilla essence.
- Pour the hot milk through a sieve into the egg mixture, whisking to prevent the egg from cooking..
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins, almost to the top and carefully place them in the water.
- Bake for an hour until the custard has set.
- Allow to cool.
To serve: Press the custard softly to release it from the sides and turn out onto a serving dish.