These Chocolate Chip Crumpets are divine! Try this free recipe and you will be hooked, so quick and easy to make to be enjoyed at anytime!
175g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder
50g chocolate chips(optional)
255g butter, melted
2 large eggs
100g castor sugar
Pinch of salt
Butter or oil for frying
- Sift the flour and cocoa together.
- Whisk the melted butter and milk together, add the eggs, castor sugar and pinch of salt.
- Whisk the flour and milk mixture together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (if using).
- Heat a thick based pan and brush with butter or oil.
- Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls on the pan surface, one spoon per crumpet.
- You may cook a few crumpets at a time.
- Small bubbles will appear on the surface when the crumpet is ready to be turned over.
- Keep warm while cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream and or chocolate sauce.
Makes 18 Crumpets