This free Spicy Lentil Hotpot Recipe is so quick and easy to make…The sausages and spices make this dish really tasty!
15ml olive oil
10ml crushed garlic
1 onion, chopped
5ml ground coriander
5ml ground cumin
1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
500g potatoes, peeled & cubed
3 carrots, peeled & sliced
1l beef stock
410g tin tomatoes
6 frankfurters or Russian sausages, sliced diagonally
Fresh parsley, chopped to garnish
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and fry the garlic and onion for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the spices and chilli and fry for another minute.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, lentils, tomatoes and beef stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, stir occasionally.
- Add the sausages 5 minutes before serving.