This free Lemon & Lime Cupcake recipe make the most deliciously zesty cupcakes!
200ml avocado oil
2 lemons, juiced & zested
250ml self-raising flour
2 limes, juiced & zested
400ml icing sugar
25ml butter, melted
Green or yellow food colouring
Zest to garnish
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In another mixing bowl add the avocado oil, lemon juice and zest.
- Add the flour bit by bit, alternating with the oil mixture, while beating slowly.
- Pour the mixture into a lined muffin g slowly.
- Pour the mixture into a muffin tin lined with cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and the skewer comes out clean.
- Meanwhile mix the lime juice and icing sugar together, then mix in the butter, lime zest and food colouring.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, spoon over the icing and top with more zest.
Makes 12 cupcakes