This free Malay Lentil Soup recipe is deliciously creamy and full of flavour… the coconut cream and spices gives this soup an extra special flavour.
2l chicken stock
3 Tblsp olive oil
1 Tblsp crushed garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 Tblsp ground cumin
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 tin coconut cream
½ cup coriander, chopped
¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- In a large saucepan bring the chicken stock and lentils to boil over a high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pot, add the garlic and onions and fry gently until the onion has softened.
- Add the cumin, cayenne pepper and chilli and cook for a minute.
- Add the lentil mixture to the onions and simmer until the lentils are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add the coconut cream and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup until smooth in a blender.
- Stir in the chopped coriander and lemon juice before serving.
Serves 4 - 6