375ml brown sugar
10ml brown vinegar
10ml strawberry jam
10ml baking powder
500ml cake flour, sifted
250ml strong brewed coffee
100g slab dark chocolate
30ml brown sugar
- Grease 8 – 10 small ramekins or a large ovenproof dish.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the vinegar, jam, baking powder and mix well.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, coffee and milk together and add to the sugar mixture.
- Beat well and spoon into the prepared ramekins or pour into the oven dish.
- If baking in the ramekins then bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes or in the oven-proof dish for about an hour.
- In a saucepan bring all the sauce ingredients to a boil, stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the pudding as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Serve with ice cream or cream.