This free Lemon Tart recipe is deliciously tangy and will tantalize your tastebuds…. Lovely to serve at a tea party or just for dessert.
185g maries biscuits, finely crushed
½ tsp ground cinnamon
90g butter, melted
250ml caster sugar
125g butter, chopped
- Grease a 2cm deep, 24cm loose-based round flan pan.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs, cinnamon and butter together in a bowl.
- Press into the base and sides of the prepared pan and refrigerate for an hour.
- Finely grate the rind if 1 lemon and juice all the lemons.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar together in a heatproof bowl until well combined.
- Add the lemon rind and 2/3 cup lemon juice, whisking continuously until well combined.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water ( do not allow base to touch the water).
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for about 20 minutes, until thick and custard-like (Do not allow mixture to boil).
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter.
- Pour the lemon curd into the chilled tart case.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.