This free zucchini fritter recipe is so quick and easy make. Amazingly tasty crispy fritters! Great to serve as a party snack or an anytime light meal. There are a few different names for zucchini’s… baby marrows…courgette’s.
5 zucchini’s (baby marrows/courgette’s), grated
2 eggs, lightly beaten
250ml self-raising flour
5ml dried origanum
Oil for frying
- Mix the salt with the zucchini’s, leave to stand for 15 minutes and then squeeze to remove the excess liquid.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour the mixture into the well.
- Stir slowly until a thick batter forms.
- Season with salt and black pepper, add the zucchini’s and herbs and stir gently to combine.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil.
- Fry the fritters for a minute or 2 on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the fritters with a dip as a party snack or as a light meal.