2 x cans (175g each) tuna in brine
1 can (410 g) butter bean or red kidney beans
1 can (410 g) chickpeas
60ml fresh herbs
20 ml olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 red or green pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 stalks celery, finely sliced
handful of fresh parsley to garnish
- Drain the tuna, butter beans or kidney beans and chickpeas.
- Rinse the beans and chickpeas under cold water.
- Mix the tuna, beans and chickpeas together in a salad bowl.
- Stir in the fresh herbs, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the red or green pepper, onion and celery to the tuna mixture.
- Season to taste, garnish with parsley and serve with hummus and fresh bread or as a side dish.