2 ¼ cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 egg whites
1 Tblsp vanilla essence
¾ cup sliced almonds
1 cup dried cranberries (sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk the eggs, egg whites, vanilla or almond essence together.
- Add the egg mixture to dry the ingredients, using an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until just moist.
- Add the dried cranberries and almonds and mix well.
- On a floured surface, divide the mixture in half and gently shape each half into a log approximately 35cm long and 4cm thick.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C.
- Cut biscotti into 1.5cm thick slices and place on baking tray and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in a loosely covered container.