1 onion, cut into chunks
4cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled & finely sliced
300g pineapples, cut into chunks
2 Tblsp tomato sauce
60ml lime juice
2 tsp corn flour, mixed with a little water
1 green or red pepper, cut into chunks
4 medium chicken breast fillets, cubed
1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
a little oil for frying
4 cups steamed Jasmine or Basmati rice, to serve
- Season the chicken cubes with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken until browned and just cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lightly fry the onion, ginger, pineapple and green pepper. Vegetables must still be crunchy.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix and simmer until sauce thickens. Season if needed.
- Toss chicken in sauce to reheat.
- Serve with steamed Jasmine or Basmati rice.
Substitute the chicken with pork, prawns or beef.