1 Tblsp butter
2 medium leeks, washed and sliced
6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 pinch salt
1 pinch white pepper
80ml blue cheese, crumbled
fresh parsley to garnish
- In a heavy-based pot melt the butter and saute the leeks over a medium heat until soft but not brown.
- Add potatoes stock and season.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in cream and blue cheese.
- Pour into a blender and blitz until smooth
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or a little extra crumbled blue cheese and serve with fresh crusty bread.