1.5kg free range chicken fillets, cut into bite size cubes
1 Tblsp ginger, peeled and finely grated
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
175ml Greek yoghurt
30ml canola oil
1 Tblsp ground coriander
1 pinch black pepper
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 onions, finely chopped
1 can coconut cream
40g almonds, ground
1 dash lemon juice
1 pinch salt
1 small handful fresh coriander, to garnish
- Mix the chicken with the ginger, garlic and yoghurt, cover and marinade for about 3-4 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the ground coriander, black pepper, turmeric and garam masala and stir-fry for about 1 minute over a low heat.Turn up the heat, add the chilli and onion and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the marinade and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, stirring regularly.
- As soon as the mixture boils, reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is tender (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, stir in the ground almonds, lemon juice and salt to taste
- Mix well and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Serve with pilaf rice or basmati rice or rotis.