1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup castor sugar
3 extra large eggs
250g organic flour
3ml bicarbonate of soda
125ml seedless raisins
180ml mixed nuts
1 Tblsp water
2 Tblsp castor sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- Beat the butter, vanilla essence and castor sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir though.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth but still slightly sticky.
- Divide dough into two and shape into logs.
- Mix the egg, water and castor sugar together and brush logs with glaze.
- Sprinkle with a little extra castor sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 20 minutes and cool for 3 hours.
- Slice into 1cm thick biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (fan on).
- Lay biscotti in a single layer on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp, turning halfway through baking time.