3 slices bread, (stale bread is best)
6 Tblsp flour
1 Tblsp ground coriander, (optional)
2 medium eggs
400g firm white fish fillets skinned (e.g. hake)
2 Tblsp butter
2 Tblsp vegetable oil
6 Tblsp PnP tomato sauce, to serve
- Remove the crusts from the slices of bread, place in a food processor and blitz to make fine breadcrumbs. Tip the crumbs on to a plate.
- Place the flour and ground coriander on a separate plate and season with salt
- Whisk the eggs lightly in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the fish into thick finger-sized pieces, coat in flour, dip into the egg and finally coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and oil over a medium.
- As soon as the butter starts to foam, add the fish bites and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy and golden.
- Serve with tomato sauce to dip.