250g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
5 leeks, sliced
salt & white pepper to taste
fresh parsley or chives to garnish
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and gently stir-fry the potatoes and leeks for about 10 minutes, do not brown.
- Add the water and milk and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat and cool until lukewarm.
- Blend with a handheld blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve lukewarm or cold.