700g butternut, peeled and diced
olive oil for drizzling
1 medium potato
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup organic flour
1 bunch sage leaves
1 grated pecorina cheese to sprinkle
3ml nutmeg, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place butternut on a roasting tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Boil the potato in its skin until cooked through, allow to cool slightly, then remove skin.
- Mash butternut and potato together until smooth, add the egg and flour and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture on a floured surface to form a small ball and flatten gently by pressing with a fork.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook gnocchi in batches (they are cooked when they float to the surface).
- Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside and keep warm
- In a small saucepan melt the butter.
- Turn up the heat, add sage leaves and cook until crispy and butter has browned.
- Pour over gnocchi and serve with a sprinkling of pecorino cheese and nutmeg.