4 tblsp kahlua
200ml strong black coffee or espresso, cooled
250g boudoir biscuits or other sponge finger biscuits
3 egg yolks
7 tblsp castor sugar
460g cream cheese or smooth cottage cheese
100g dark chocolate, grated
a little cocoa powder for dusting
white chocolate shavings for garnishing
- Line a 24cm square or rectangular dish
- Combine 3 for the Tablespoons of the Kahlua with the coffee and dip half of the boudoir biscuits into the coffee and place in the lined dish.
- Using an electric beater whisk the egg yolks with the caster sugar until pale and thick.
- Mix in the cream cheese or cottage cheese and the remaining Kahlua and whisk slowly until the mixture is pale and smooth.
- Spread half of the mixture over the biscuits and sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate.
- Repeat with another layer of biscuits, cheese mixture and grated chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve dusted with cocoa powder & white chocolate shavings.