1 packet tennis biscuit, crushed
90g margarine, melted
1 can condensed milk
100ml lemon juice
3 large egg yolks
3 large egg whites
4 Tblsp sugar
- Mix the melted margarine with the crushed Tennis biscuits.
- Line your tart dish with the margarine and Tennis biscuit mixture to form a crust.
- In a mixing bowl add the condensed milk, egg yolks and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the filling into crust-lined tart dish.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the egg whites and start beating with an electric beater on high for 1 minute.
- Add another tablespoon of sugar to the egg whites and continue beating for 1 minute again.
- Add 1 another tablespoon of sugar to the egg whites and beat for a further 1 minute on high.
- Finally add the last tablespoon of sugar and beat until egg whites are stiff.
- Place the stiff egg whites over the condensed milk & lemon juice filling to cover the tart dish.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the egg whites have turned a golden colour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, once cool refrigerate for an hour before serving.