1 cup cake flour, unsifted
10ml baking powder, sifted
3 tblsp butter, softened at room tempreature
50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
30g Parmesan cheese, grated
30g gruyere cheese, grated
2 eggs, slightly beaten the milk
5ml cayenne pepper, or a little more if you like it spicy
15ml chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Make sure the oven rack is high up in the oven.
- Place softened butter in a large mixing bowl, add the flour and mix together with your finger tips until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl add eggs and milk and beat slightly.
- Place all three cheeses, baking powder, cayenne pepper, chopped chives and salt into flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add milk and egg mixture and stir in well.
- Grease a muffin pan and drop spoonfuls of cheese dough into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.