500g butternut, cubed
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 onion, chopped
30ml olive oil
30ml fresh oregano
salt and freshly ground black pepper
250g bacon, diced
100ml sour cream
250g penne pasta
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- In a large roasting pan, spread the butternut cubes, garlic and onion, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the oregano over the top.
- Roast the vegetables for 10 – 15 minutes or until done.
- In a saucepan fry the bacon until crispy, add the pesto and sour cream and mix well.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the butternut and bacon mixtures and spoon on top of the pasta and toss.