This free Giant Chocolate Smartie Muffin Recipe is deliciously chocolaty and colourful great for kids parties!
50ml cocoa powder
50ml boiling water
500ml cake flour
15ml baking powder
150ml brown sugar
50g Albany chocolate, chopped
50g milky bar, chopped
300ml ideal low fat evaporated milk
White Chocolate Icing:
125g icing sugar
500ml icing sugar
100ml melted milky bar
Dash of vanilla essence
1 box of Smarties to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 12 large muffin tin hollows with large paper cups.
- Blend the cocoa powder and Milo with the boiling water to make a paste. Leave to cool.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and add the sugar and chocolate and mix well.
- Whisk together the egg, evaporated milk, cocoa paste and melted butter and add this mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix gently taking care not to over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cups, filling them three quarters of the way.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes or until done and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and decorate with the white chocolate icing and Smarties.
- Beat the butter with the icing sugar.
- Add the melted milky bar and vanilla essence. Beat well.
Makes 12 large muffins