600g trimmed pork fillet cut into strips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
80g leeks finely sliced
20ml olive oil
250g button mushrooms
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
15ml wholegrain mustard
75ml chicken stock
15ml dry sherry or brandy
Rice to serve
Fresh parsley to garnish
- Heat a little of the butter and oil and gently fry the pork strips in small batches over high heat. Set aside while making the sauce.
- Heat the remaining butter and olive oil and fry the mushrooms and leeks for a few minutes.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper, paprika, mustard, cream, yoghurt, chicken stock and sherry and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Return the pork strips to the pan and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and serve on a bed of rice or pasta with vegetables.