4 cups milk
5 whole cloves
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 egg yolks
1 ½ cups sugar
2 ½ cups light rum or brandy or whisky
4 cups fresh cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan combine the milk, cloves, ½ teaspoon vanilla essence and cinnamon and heat over a low heat for 5 minutes, slowly bring the milk mixture to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk together until fluffy.
- Whisk the hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs and pour the mixture into a saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously for 3 minutes, or until thick.
- Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Strain to remove the cloves, and allow to cool for about an hour.
- Stir in your choice of alcohol, cream, 2 teaspoons vanilla essence, and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
KeepandShare.com(R) Online Diary