225g cake flour
80g icing sugar
2 tsp grated lemon peel or lime peel
3 extra large egg yolks
2 Tblsp ice water
1 Tblsp grated lemon peel or lime peel
1 tsp vanilla essence
125g castor sugar
1 extra large egg
1 extra large egg yolk
100g ground almonds
50g cake flour
- Blitz the flour, butter, icing sugar and lemon peel together to form crumbs.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, pulsing between each addition.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of water at a time and pulse until mixture comes together (add extra water if needed).
- Remove dough and shape into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Roll out pastry to about a 3mm thickness and line a 22cm-springform tin with the pastry.
- Bake the pastry base for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl beat the peel, vanilla essence, butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg, then the yolk, beating well after each addition.
- Fold through almonds and flour and spread mixture into pastry case and finally scatter the blueberries over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly (or completely) before serving hot or cold.
Serve hot or cold with ice cream, cream or vanilla custard.
Serves 4 - 6