2 leeks, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
a little oil for frying
4 cups broccoli florets
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup low fat milk
375ml cheddar cheese, grated
- Fry the leeks and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add the broccoli, stock and milk
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well.
- Using a stick blender blitz until smooth.
- Garnish with a few broccoli florets and serve with fresh breads.
Substitute the broccoli for cauliflower for a yummy cauliflower & cheddar soup.