310ml cake flour
60ml castor sugar
3ml grated lemon rind
1 extra-large egg yolk
750g cream cheese
375ml castor sugar
10ml lemon rind
3ml vanilla essence
45ml cake flour
4 extra-large eggs
2 extra-large egg yolks
60ml fresh cream
- Sift the flour, add the sugar and rind.
- Rub the butter in with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and knead lightly to mix well until it forms a ball.
- Cover the pastry and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Press half the pastry into the base of a greased 23cm loose-bottom cake tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 °C for about 10 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Roll out or press remaining pastry and place on the sides.
- Chill in fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the cream cheese, sugar, lemon rind, essence and cake flour until smooth.
- Add the eggs and yolks, one at a time and stir in lightly with the cream.
- Pour into the pastry base and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 140 °C and bake further for about 60 minutes.
- Switch off oven and leave in for another 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool off and garnish with fresh fruit of choice.