250g cake flour
5 Tblsp icing sugar
1 extra large egg yolk
4 Tblsp ice water
125ml strawberry jam
1 Tblsp castor sugar, to sprinkle
- In a mixing bowl using an electric beater, mix the flour, icing sugar and butter together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and pulse to combine.
- Add enough cold water to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Roll out the pastry to 5mm thickness.
- Cut out rounds to line 12 small tart tins or a muffin pan.
- Cut out 12 small heart shapes from the leftover pastry
- Spoon 2 tablespoon’s of jam into each pastry shell, top with hearts and sprinkle over with castor sugar and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool before serving.